Visiting the Park
Pilgrim Bark Park is located at the intersection of Route 6 and Shank Painter Road in Provincetown, MA, and is open from dawn to dusk, year-round. Access to parking and the main entrance are from Route 6 going East. See Directions for a map. Please remember that during snowy winters, Pilgrim Bark Park’s parking lot will not be plowed and the walkways will not be shoveled. Enter at your own risk.
Pilgrim Bark Park is self-policing. Please help keep it safe and clean.
Rules & Regulations
- MUST be licensed and vaccinated, and wear tags at all times
- MUST be spayed or neutered
- MUST be at least four months old
- MUST be within view and voice control of the owner at all times
- MUST NOT be sick or suffering from parasites
- MUST be leashed when outside the gated enclosure
- MAY NOT bring animals other than dogs into the park
- MAY NOT bring more than 3 dogs into the park at one time
- MUST clean up after dog IMMEDIATELY
- MUST IMMEDIATELY remove a problem dog (displaying aggressive behavior, mounting, excessive barking) from the park WITHOUT DEBATE
- MAY NOT bring food, alcoholic beverages or glass containers into the park
- MAY NOT smoke
- MUST IMMEDIATELY stop dogs from digging and fill in any holes
- MUST keep park gates closed at all times
- ARE SOLELY responsible for injuries and damage caused by their dogs
- MUST provide supervision to children under age 16
- MAY NOT bring strollers, bicycles or any children’s toys into the park
Keeping Pets Healthy
Wherever dogs frequent or congregate, whether on beaches, trails or in dog parks, there is a greater risk of contracting parasites, and PARASITES ARE CONTAGIOUS, SO PLEASE – PICK UP YOUR PET’S POOP and encourage others to do the same – KEEP SICK DOGS AT HOME.